If you’re tired of planning extensive meals for your camping trip and want something simple and quick, this camping recipe is the way to go. You’ll love that you can prep a few ingredients, follow a couple of quick steps and let it cook. Get the full Instant Pot chicken and rice recipe below.
Recipe is adapted from one found on APinchOfHealthy.com
- 1 Lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 Shallots
- 2-3 Large carrots
- 1 c. Mushrooms
- 2 Cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 c. Uncooked white jasmine rice
- 2 c. Chicken stock
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Wash and dry all produce.
- Dice shallots and carrots.
- Mince the garlic.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Chop the thyme leaves until you have 2 tbsps
- Rinse the uncooked rice under cold water until the water runs clear. If you don’t do this step, the rice will burn in the Pot.
- Pat dry the chicken thighs with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Coat the Instant Pot’s interior with cooking spray.
- Set the Pot to sauté at a normal level and preheat until hot.
- Add thighs to the Pot and sear for 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the Pot and set aside to rest.
- Deglaze the pan by adding 1/4 c. chicken broth to the Pot and scraping with a wooden spoon until all stuck spots have lifted away.
- Add shallots, mushrooms, and carrots. Cook for 2-3 minutes before adding the garlic. Cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Pour in the remaining chicken stock, rice, and thyme. Stir until combined.
- Add the chicken thighs to the top of the rice and place the lid on. Lock it, and set the valve to seal.
- Cook for 8 minutes on manual high-pressure and naturally release for 10 minutes. Do not use the quick release until ten minutes of natural release are up.
- Once all the pressure is released, carefully remove the lid and use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Serve hot!
Contact us to find the perfect RV for your next camping trip today!