Satisfying your picky-eaters can be a task, especially when you’re our at the campground. That’s why this delicious, easy camping recipe for campfire pizza is a lifesaver for families with kids. The children will love getting to help make the pizza, and you can enjoy very little clean up and a break from roasting hot dogs and s’mores.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 package refrigerated, pre-made, pizza crust — Trust me, it’s easiest to just buy it instead of making your own.
- 1 jar of pizza sauce
- 1-2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package of pepperoni
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Cast iron skillet
- Tin foil
- Grill or firepit with a grill-grate
What to Do:
- Build a low-burning fire with plenty of coals and a high heat, or heat your grill to 500.
- Open your pizza dough and roll it out until even.
- Grease the skillet lightly with butter and line with the pizza dough. Cover with tin foil and place on the heat until the bottom is just beginning to brown. Around 10-15 minutes, but check it after 5 to ensure you don’t burn it.
- Remove from the heat and flip the dough so that the browned side is up.
- Melt butter and combine with basil, oregano, and garlic salt. Brush over crust.
- Top the crust with pizza sauce, 1 cup of cheese, pepperoni, and then another cup of cheese. Tip: For more flavor, sprinkle a dash of basil, oregano, and garlic salt over the top of the cheese.
- Cover with tin foil and return to the heat and cook until the cheese has melted or is starting to brown.
- Slice and serve!
If you’re looking for more great summer recipes for the campground, check out more of our camping recipes at Campbell RV. If you’re looking to trade-in your RV for an upgrade, check out our RV consignment options. Contact us today to start your next adventure!