Spending your spring break at the campground is an excellent way to refresh and recuperate from the winter. While you’re there, enjoy this simple spring camping recipe. Your whole family will love this fresh and simple meal. So, load up the whole crew in your Forest River Cherokee travel trailer and get ready for you spring vacation!
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
15-20 spears asparagus (or 1 head of broccoli if you prefer)
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp paprika
5 tbsp butter
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp garlic
2 tbsp parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat dry your chicken breasts and pound to an even thickness.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, and onion powder in a bowl. Salt to taste. Coat the chicken evenly in the mix.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 2 tbsp of better in the skillet. Add the chicken and cook on each side for 3-5 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Layer the bottom of the same skillet with lemons and cook for 2-3 minutes, flipping occasionally, to caramelize.
- Remove the lemons and add 3 tbsp butter to de-glaze the pan. Add garlic and cook until fragrant – 30 seconds approx. Add lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, and parsley. Simmer, uncovered, on low until just reduced – 5 minutes. Season with pepper to taste. Remove half the sauce and set aside.
- Add asparagus to the skillet and cook until color has brightened and the stalks are tender but firm.
- Return chicken to the skillet, top with the lemons, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with the remaining sauce and serve!
If you’re looking for a new RV to take you and your family on your spring vacation, then contact us today! We’ll happily help you find the ideal fifth wheel, travel trailer, or motorhome for your needs.